Wednesday, March 08, 2006
A series of terrorist bombings rocked Varanasi. It is a shame that terrorist outfits targeting Hindu religious places and our politicians and decision makers are busy blaming each other. This is a big blow to India’s communal harmony and a matter of serious concern about integrity and sovereignty of our country.
The first blast took place at 6.30 PM inside the famous Sankat-mochan Hanuman Temple near the Kashi Vishwanath temple. The temple had thousands of devotees for the evening ‘aarti’. This was followed by another blast at the cantonment railway station on platform number one. The Delhi bound Shivganga Express was waiting on the platform.
The unofficial death toll has risen to 23, with at least 60 seriously injured.
LeT had earlier managed to carry out suicide attacks at the Akshardham temple in Ahmedabad as well as the Raghunath and Panbakhtar temples in Jammu.
President A P J Abdul Kalam, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other prominent political leaders have strongly condemned the blasts and sent out appeals to maintain calm and harmony.
The worst part is:
1. The attack has happened... as it happened in past... and again targeted at a religious community
2. I am sleeping in my home... working... earning... eating... and then again... sleeping...
3. Police is saying, "the situation is in full control"
4. Now since bomb blast has happened… there would be tight security... Red Alert... do you think that the terrorists are foolish enough that they will attack again in same place
5. CM has announced some money to people who have died... The gesture is a considerate one. But how far can money compensate for a life!? – Further, that money will never reach them.
6. BJP is opposing the congress... they will do some dharna and some public meetings... and blame it on the 'soft' policies of the UPA government and the 'minority appeasement politics' of the Mulayam Singh government... out come is nothing
7. Congress will blame BJP... and may also bring out the Gujarat issue once again... but will not make an effort to come up with a contingent plan to counter-attack and avert any future untoward incidents.
8. This shall lead to a greater rift between the Hindus & Muslims – blame game – Religion has taken priority over Humanism.
9. A bomb blast will happen again... somewhere someday... and not very far in future... and if i dont die in it...
10. I will be again sleeping, working, earning, eating and go about doing the same daily chores.
Other related posts:
New York Times - edited by editors
Technorati tags: Varanasi
There was also a 5.2 earthquake last night in north Gujarat.
And dont stay in US all ur life :P :P
Keep the thoughts flowing :)
Links to this post: