.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

Office-Office

A few months ago, everyone in the office was picking on the new kid on the block, yeah that’s me.

During the first week at office when I was sincerely working, the secretary passed by and found me searching for something and said with a smile "looking for trouble, eh!"
(I should have said "Yeah, I was looking for YOU" – man I was so busy looking through the stack of papers that I didn’t see that coming and failed to retort back).

And few weeks ago I said "I'm working hard" to a colleague at around 5:45 PM when most of the employees had left for home... and my boss overheard and said sounds more like "hardly working"

Further just a few days back I had a conversation with my sister and explained how much I am learning at this job and how it is shaping up my career. Later, right out of the blue, she insisted that I visit them all within the next six months or be prepared to face the consequences. I tried my best to reason out and get away to move over to other topics. But she confronted me as follows:

Sister: Is there any reason you could not visit us?
Me: I don't want to be away from my job that long.
Sister: Can't they do without you at work?
Me: Yes, but I don't want them to know it. :)

Another one of those anecdotes from my college days - Once I asked the career counselor at the Career center at TAMU about the FAQ on weakness and the conversation went as follows:
Me: when you go into a job interview and they ask you what three of your weaknesses are, what do I say?
Advisor: You tell them that you’re indecisive... and then stop talking ;)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

free hit counter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Free-Stats.com


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape